Mail is picked up and delivered every weekday (excluding holidays). Inmates may receive mail from other jails and prisons as well as the public. Incoming mail is sorted, scanned for contraband, and then scanned into the inmate kiosk system, with the exception of legal or certified mail. Legal and/or Certified mail is opened in the inmate's presence and inspected. Incoming mail without the sender's name and return address will be refused.
If you would like to send an inmate mail, please address it to:
Hopkins County Jail
P.O. Box 1030
Madisonville, KY 42431
Inmates may also have books, magazines, and activity books (i.e. crosswords, coloring books, etc.) mailed to them as well. The guidelines for mailing an inmate reading material are:
1. All books must be soft back books.
2. All reading material must be sent from a third-party retailer such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble etc..
Books will be rejected if:
1. The books are hard backed.
2. The reading material promotes nudity, violence, gun or gang related material, illegal activity, racism, hate or mistreatment of others.
3. The reading material contains information that hinders the safety & security of the facility, inmates, or staff.
4. The packaging or reading material have been tampered with. Reading material MUST be mailed directly from the retailer to the inmate.
All inmates are expected to adhere to the inmate rule of only having three (3) personal reading books, three (3) magazines, and three (3) activity books (i.e. crosswords, coloring books, etc.) in their possession. Any inmate found to be in possession of more than three (3) personal reading books, three (3) magazines, and three (3) activity books (i.e. crosswords, coloring books, etc.) in their possession, the extra books will be removed.